Revatio is a brand name for sildenafil citrate. This active component is well-known for its ability to improve blood flow. This particular effect is used to treat Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH). This disorder means increased blood pressure inside lungs, meaning increased load on heart required to pump blood through arteries. Revatio relaxes the smooth muscles in porous tissues of lungs, widening the arteries and lowering the excessive blood pressure.
Another Revatio generic name is Viagra – the world-known treatment for erectile dysfunction. It contains the same Sildenafil Citrate in slightly bigger dosage, improving blood flow in porous tissues of penis, granting stable erection.
Why does Revatio medication not cause such effects, you may ask? Because Viagra works only in sexually agitated men and Revatio is prescribed to both men and women with PAH to improve their life quality. It can also affect erection, of course – yet it is not meant to do it.
General Information about PAH
PAH is most generally described as constant chest pain and shortness of breath even after doing a minor physical activity, like going to the upper floor by stairs. With time PAH becomes more potent, resulting in constant dizziness and faint, limited mobility and early aging, caused by great exhaustion of heart muscles.
PAH is rare yet its symptoms are quite common, resulting in the fact that many patients may think they have other diseases. Only a thorough medical examination and passing a series of tests may allow a qualified cardiologist to diagnose PAH.
The most common PAH symptoms are as follows:
- Shortness of breath
- Permanent chest pain
- Feeling constantly tired
- Racing or irregular heartbeat
- Feeling constantly dizzy or light-headed
- Bluish color of lips and skin in general (due to lack of oxygen in blood)
This disorder is pathological and incurable. As the disorder progresses, it becomes more and more damaging for patients, who have more and more problems with completing their daily routine. There was no actually working solution for this disorder bore Revatio was released.
Indications for Revatio usage
Revatio allows greatly lowering the magnitude of PAH symptoms, removing the main cause – tensed muscles of arteries in lungs. By relaxing the smooth muscles and widening the narrow arteries Revatio medicine lowers the blood pressure, removes the chest pain and greatly diminishes overall load on heart. This allows greatly improving quality of life of PAH-positive people, leveling to zero risk of early death or heart stroke.
Known Revatio Side effects
Revatio side effects do exist yet they are much less harmful as compared to uncontrolled PAH. They include:
- Face flushing (due to increased amount of blood flow)
- Nasal congestion (stuffy nose)
- Nose bleed (due to weakened tone of nasal blood vessels)
- Lowering blood pressure (as the main mechanism of action)
- Stomach pain
- Weight loss
- Loss of hearing
- Inability to differ blue and green colors
While the most common and harmless side effects (like flushing face) occur in 1 out of 10, the rarest and most dangerous side effects (like loss of hearing or impaired eyesight) occur in 1 out of 1000. Yet these are possible, so keep a keen eye on your state while on Revatio and consider seeking immediate medical attention in case any of the symptoms above begin to appear.
Contraindications to Revatio
There are some cases when using Sildenafil should be avoided:
- In willing to become pregnant, pregnant or breastfeeding women. It is not known whether Sildenafil affects the unborn babies or is excreted into breast milk, yet staying on the safe side is recommended
- In children below 18
- In people after heart attack, severe angina, or with hereditary heart disorders
- In people allergic to Sildenafil or any other Revatio components
- In people taking nitrate-containing medicines
- In people taking vitamin K protagonists (warfamin, etc.)
- In people using weight loss drugs, affecting blood pressure
- In people with pulmonary vein blockage
- In people who suffered full or temporary hearing or sight loss in one or both eyes
- In some other cases. Please consult with your doctor before you begin taking Revatio
The most common contraindication is a possible drug interaction. As Sildenafil is a quite potent ingredient it may interact with a multitude of drugs, resulting in multiple possible side effects. Please take a detailed medical examination and tell your doctor about all drugs you regularly take to make sure taking Revatio will not lead to unwanted consequences.
Revatio price and dosage
Revatio price differs greatly between vendors. There are many coupon code and loyalty programs allowing cutting down the price greatly, so make your choice. Revatio is a prescription drug and should be bought only from trusted vendors to avoid buying low-quality Revatio generic from India.
Standard Revatio dosage is 20mg per tablet. Revatio 20mg is sold in form of blisters with 30 to 90 tablets. The medicine should be taken 3 times a day. It does not cause addiction but should not be combined with other PDE5 inhibitors like Viagra to avoid overdose.
Using Revatio allows living a stable life and be able to perform multiple physical activities without permanent risk of heart attack. Get a chance to fight PAH and live a healthier life!